Pai gow is the oldest of the on line casino video games. It simply pre-dates roulette and baccarat. How such a sophisticated sport ever acquired began, I’ve at all times questioned. Certainly, pai gow is a tough sport to be taught. The idea is similar as pai gow poker, the place each participant and banker make excessive and low arms, after which examine in opposition to one another. What makes pai gow tough is there’s order of arms and tiles appears largely random, and is tough to memorize.
What I like about pai gow is that for bankroll preservation, there’s nothing that beats it. The tempo is sluggish at about 30 arms per hour, and 41% of arms end in a push. If you’re a pale-face, like me, you will impress the vendor and another gamers that you simply even perceive it. Nevertheless, some Asians instantly depart the desk once I sit down, as if I am unfortunate. Do not be scared to attempt the sport, even when you realize nothing in regards to the guidelines. You’ll be able to at all times ask the vendor to set your arms based on the “home means.” Higher but, preserve studying to be taught extra in regards to the sport.
Following are the first guidelines in relation to pai gow. Every on line casino might have some its personal high-quality factors in relation to participant banking and prepaying the 5% fee.
- Pai gow is performed with a set of 32 dominoes displayed under.
- Every participant and vendor shall be given 4 tiles.
- The participant will separate his tiles into high and low arms. The participant doesn’t must specify which is increased, as this shall be apparent.
- Every pair of tiles may have a rating order as follows:
- Pair: There are 16 pairs, as proven within the picture above. The tiles are photos in rank order, beginning on the higher left, and studying like a web page to the underside proper.
- Wong: It is a 2 or 12 tile with any 9 tile.
- Gong: It is a 2 or 12 tile with any Eight tile.
- 9 to Zero factors (the extra the higher): For all different 2-tile arms, the whole variety of dots shall be taken, and the terminal digit is used to find out the variety of factors (as in baccarat). For instance, a 10 and 9 tile is value 9 factors; a Four and seven tile is value 1 level.
- An exception to the above rule is that the 2 tiles within the highest rating “Gee Joon” pair are semi-wild and are value both Three or 6 factors, whichever ends in a better complete. For instance, when mixed with a 4-point tile, a Gee Joon tile counts as Three factors to make a 7-point hand, as an alternative of counting as 6 factors to make a 0-point hand.
- The participant’s excessive hand shall be in comparison with the vendor’s excessive hand, and the participant’s low hand in comparison with the vendor’s low hand (as in pai gow poker).
- If each participant and vendor have a Wong, Gong, or 1 to 9 factors, the tie shall be damaged based on which hand has the higher-ranked excessive tile.
- If the excessive tile doesn’t break the tie then the win will go to the banker.
- A 0-Zero tie at all times goes to the banker.
- When utilizing excessive tiles to interrupt a tie, the rank order is similar because the pair order (see image above), besides the 2 tiles within the highest “gee joon” pair are ranked lowest individually and can due to this fact by no means be a hand’s excessive tile.
- If the participant wins each arms he’ll win even cash, much less a 5% fee. If the participant wins one and loses one then his wager will push. If the vendor wins each then the participant will lose his wager.
- At most casinos, the flip to be banker rotates across the desk. At some casinos, reminiscent of Foxwoods, the flip to be banker zig-zags between the participant(s) and vendor, that means that the vendor should financial institution at the very least each different hand.
- The participant might invoke his flip to financial institution each time it’s his flip, though most gamers decline.
- The banker performs in opposition to each different participant on the desk and the vendor. The vendor will wager the identical quantity the participant wagered the final time the vendor was the banker. Most of the time, different gamers will sit out the hand when one other participant is banking, letting her or him tackle the vendor alone.
Lisa with a uncommon two pair.
My assistant and I’ve spent a number of time finding out and creating pai gow technique. Listed below are the methods we’ve got provide you with thus far:
A reader often known as Charlie mixed varied elements of those methods to create an almost optimum technique he may match on a sheet of paper. He was good sufficient to share it with us.
For a graphic model, click on the picture above for a bigger model. I even have a PDF model (149Okay).
We even have the next technique charts displaying the proper play for each doable mixture below three banking situations:
The following desk exhibits the doable outcomes and home edge below varied methods, banking or not banking, and whether or not prepaying the fee. The desk assumes the participant is enjoying in opposition to the Foxwoods home means and a 5% fee. If the participant prepays the fee, which is typically allowed, the home edge is diminished by 0.07%.
Pai Gow Home Edge
|Wizard Fundamental Technique||No||?||?||?||1.98%|
|Wizard Fundamental Technique||Sure||?||?||?||0.08%|
|J.B. Superior Technique with out exceptions||No||29.37%||29.74%||40.89%||1.84%|
|J.B. Superior Technique with out exceptions||Sure||30.26%||28.77%||40.97%||0.03%|
Inefficiencies in the usual on line casino home means price the on line casino about 0.75% in comparison with optimum home technique. If each participant and vendor performed optimum technique, the home edge to the participant when banking can be 0.54%, and when not banking 2.38%. For extra on this subject see JB’s optimum home technique comparability desk (24Okay). To see an unlimited doc on the precise optimum home methods see JB’s optimum home technique charts (735Okay). I am fairly positive that is the primary time it has ever been put in writing.
The right hand, seen on the Peppermill
in Reno. The percentages are 1 in 35,960.
Prepaying the Fee
Some casinos let the participant prepay the 5% fee. For instance, betting $105 to win $100. This lowers the general fee to 1/21, or 4.76%. The impact on the home edge is a discount of 0.07%. That is an possibility the participant ought to at all times invoke when accessible, but many do not.
Betting 10% Additional as Banker
Some casinos let the participant guess as much as 10% greater than he wagered in opposition to the vendor the final time the vendor was the banker. Assuming the participant is banking each different hand, this lowers the mixed home edge between banking and never banking by 0.07%.
The participant might make a again wager on the participant appearing as banker as much as the quantity he guess in opposition to the vendor the final time the vendor was banking. Nevertheless, the participant will forfeit his personal flip to financial institution if he invokes this feature. This rule won’t affect the general home edge if the participant is attempting to maximise his motion as banker (which he ought to), however could make the sport extra pleasant if enjoying with buddies. Quite than sitting out a hand the place your good friend is banking you may co-bank with him, so that you’re at all times within the sport.
My pai gow calculator will inform you the anticipated worth and/or technique for any hand, with a number of different options together with the impact of tiles identified to be held by different gamers or your opponent.
The next desk exhibits the ability rankings for every hand. There are 4 columns of energy rankings, based on whether or not the hand is excessive or low, and whether or not the participant is appearing as banker or not. The facility rankings are on a Zero to 100 scale, which represents the chance an opponent enjoying the Foxwoods home means will beat that hand.
A sensible software of this desk is so as to add the 2 energy rankings for the 3 ways to set a hand, and set it the best way with the very best energy ranking sum.
Energy Scores in Pai Gow
|Hand||Low Hand |
|Excessive Hand |
|Low Hand |
|Excessive Hand |
|Blended 9 pair||100||86||100||87|
|Blended Eight pair||100||85||100||86|
|Blended 7 pair||100||84||100||85|
|Blended 5 pair||100||83||100||84|
|Wong with 6/6||100||80||100||83|
|Wong with 1/1||99||78||100||80|
|Gong with 6/6||99||73||99||78|
|Gong with 1/1||99||67||99||73|
|9 with 6/6||98||61||99||67|
|9 with 1/1||97||54||98||61|
|9 with 4/4||97||53||97||54|
|9 with 1/3||96||50||97||53|
|9 with 5/5||96||49||96||50|
|9 with 3/3||95||47||96||49|
|9 with 2/2||94||45||95||47|
|9 with 5/6||94||44||94||45|
|9 with 4/6||93||43||94||44|
|9 with 1/5||92||42||93||43|
|Eight with 6/6||90||40||92||42|
|Eight with 1/1||89||39||90||40|
|Eight with 4/4||88||38||89||39|
|Eight with 1/3||87||35||88||38|
|Eight with 5/5||86||35||87||35|
|Eight with 5/6||84||33||86||35|
|Eight with 4/6||84||32||84||33|
|Eight with 2/3||82||31||84||32|
|7 with 6/6||82||31||82||31|
|7 with 1/1||81||30||82||31|
|7 with 4/4||81||29||81||30|
|7 with 1/2||79||28||81||29|
|7 with 5/5||78||26||79||28|
|7 with 3/3||76||25||78||26|
|7 with 2/2||75||24||76||25|
|7 with 5/6||72||22||75||24|
|7 with 4/6||71||21||72||22|
|7 with 3/6||69||20||71||21|
|6 with 6/6||68||19||69||20|
|6 with 1/1||67||18||68||19|
|6 with 4/4||66||17||67||18|
|6 with 5/5||61||15||66||17|
|6 with 3/3||60||15||61||15|
|6 with 5/6||59||14||60||15|
|6 with 4/6||56||13||59||14|
|6 with 1/6||55||12||56||13|
|6 with 3/6||54||12||55||12|
|5 with 4/4||52||11||54||12|
|5 with 1/3||51||10||52||11|
|5 with 5/5||49||10||51||10|
|5 with 3/3||48||9||49||10|
|5 with 2/2||47||8||48||9|
|5 with 4/6||45||8||47||8|
|5 with 1/6||44||7||45||8|
|5 with 1/5||43||7||44||7|
|5 with 3/6||42||7||43||7|
|5 with 2/6||40||6||42||7|
|Four with 6/6||40||6||40||6|
|Four with 4/4||37||5||40||6|
|Four with 1/3||33||5||37||5|
|Four with 5/5||31||4||33||5|
|Four with 3/3||30||4||31||4|
|Four with 2/2||29||4||30||4|
|Four with 1/6||27||3||29||4|
|Four with 1/5||26||3||27||3|
|Four with 3/6||25||3||26||3|
|Four with 2/6||24||3||25||3|
|Three with 6/6||24||3||24||3|
|Three with 1/1||23||2||24||3|
|Three with 4/4||22||2||23||2|
|Three with 1/3||21||2||22||2|
|Three with 3/3||20||1||21||2|
|Three with 2/2||19||1||20||1|
|Three with 1/6||18||1||19||1|
|Three with 1/5||18||1||18||1|
|Three with 2/6||17||1||18||1|
|Three with 3/4||17||1||17||1|
|2 with 6/6||16||0||17||1|
|2 with 1/1||16||0||16||0|
|2 with 4/4||14||0||16||0|
|2 with 1/3||14||0||14||0|
|2 with 3/3||12||0||14||0|
|2 with 2/2||12||0||12||0|
|2 with 1/6||11||0||12||0|
|2 with 3/4||11||0||11||0|
|1 with 1/3||10||0||11||0|
|1 with 5/5||9||0||10||0|
|1 with 3/3||8||0||9||0|
|1 with 2/2||7||0||8||0|
|1 with 5/6||6||0||7||0|
|1 with 1/5||5||0||6||0|
The next graph exhibits how typically the Home Manner will make every sort of hand out of all 35960 combos.
Suzie with a uncommon two pair.
The Home Manner
I am proud to offer the next pai gow home methods. Most of them had been rewritten into my very own phrases. The one from the MGM is taken instantly from their very own guidelines and procedures on the sport:
The place to Play
The next is an inventory of video games I’m conscious of within the U.S.. I am positive there are some I do not find out about. Be at liberty to inform me if you’re conscious of others.
- Las Vegas: Aria, Bellagio, Caesars Palace, Encore, Harrah’s, Fortunate Dragon, MGM Grand, Mirage, Palace Station, Palazzo, Paris, Rio, Venetian, and Wynn. The Treasure Island and Mandalay Bay do not employees a desk regularly any longer, however might open one if a whale requests it.
- Atlantic Metropolis: Most, if not all, casinos.
- Connecticut: Mohegan Solar, Foxwoods.
- Indiana: Hammond Horseshoe, Southern Indiana Horseshoe.
- Lake Tahoe: Harrah’s.
- Maryland: Horseshoe Baltimore. (unconfirmed)
- Pennsylvania: Sands Bethlehem, Mount Ethereal On line casino in Mt Pocono (unconfirmed), Mohegan Solar at Pocono Downs close to Scranton (unconfirmed), Sugar Home On line casino in Philadelphia (unconfirmed), Valley Forge On line casino close to King of Prussia, and Parx On line casino close to Bensalem (unconfirmed).
- Reno: Peppermill, Silver Legacy.
Play for Enjoyable
Pai gow is a sport that cries out for a solution to apply earlier than making a idiot of your self and blowing your cash in a on line casino. Because of this please attempt my pai gow sport.
- Pai Gow With out Tears by Invoice Zender. The creator kindly gave me a replica of his booklet to assist with my analysis on pai gow. If you’re within the e-book it might be bought from the Gambler’s E book Membership for $20.00.
- A Detailed Research of Pai Gow by Dr. John M.Gwynn, Jr. This examine seems within the e-book Discovering the Edge (Edited by Olaf Vancura, Judy A.Collins, and William R. Eadington).
- The many individuals who equipped me with home methods, which aren’t straightforward to get.
Written by:Michael Shackleford