From package + -y (diminutive suffix). Examine Dutch katje (“kitty”).
kitty (plural kitties)
- (casual) A kitten or younger cat.
- (infantile, typically capitalized) A pet title for a cat.
- Aw, have a look at the kitty!
- 2007, Pam Johnson-Bennett, Ranging from Scratch: Find out how to Appropriate Conduct Issues in Your Grownup Cat
- Even how a baby picks up and handles the cat could make the kitty start to worry the very sight of the teenager.
- A cash pool, as for a card sport, or for shared bills.
- (poker, slang) In a house sport, a small, specified quantity taken from every pot to pay the host’s bills.
- (slang, vulgar) Euphemistic type of pussy: vulva and/or vagina.
- (card video games) A set of extra playing cards dealt face down in some video games.
kitten, small cat
| || |
(infantile) pet title for a cat