Vietnamese-American poker participant
J. C. Tran (born Justin Cuong Van Tran January 20, 1977 in Vietnam) is a Vietnamese-American skilled poker participant, based mostly in Sacramento, California.
Tran is a two-time World Sequence of Poker bracelet winner, a World Championship of On-line Poker (WCOOP) Most important Occasion champion, has made eight World Poker Tour (WPT) closing tables, winner of a WPT title, received on the World Poker Problem and is the WPT Participant of the 12 months of their fifth season. Tran was the chip chief coming into the ultimate desk of the 2013 WSOP Most important Occasion November 9. He ended up ending in fifth place for $2,106,893 for the largest money of his profession.
Tran was born in Vietnam, and is the youngest of eight youngsters of Vietnamese mother and father. When he was two years outdated, his household moved to america, the place he later obtained a level in Enterprise Administration Data Programs from California State College at Sacramento.
Tran constructed his bankroll taking part in the $9/$18 recreation at Capitol On line casino in Sacramento, California. Tran has since famous that it had grow to be an excessive amount of of an motion recreation to eke out a constructive achieve.
Tran has completed within the cash at quite a few poker tournaments, ending fifth on the 2004 World Poker Finals and on the tv bubble of the 2004 L.A. Poker Basic and 2005 Borgata Poker Open. He additionally completed fifth within the 2006 L.A. Poker Basic. All of those occasions have been televised on the World Poker Tour (WPT).
Tran has made three closing tables within the World Sequence of Poker (WSOP) and cashed within the $10,000 no restrict maintain’em essential occasion in each 2004 and 2005, ending 117th each years. Tran additionally completed 2nd in a World Sequence of Poker circuit occasion, successful $251,920.
On October 2, 2006, Tran received the principle occasion at PokerStars’ WCOOP, successful $670,000.
On March 2, 2007, Tran completed 2nd within the 2007 L.A. Poker Basic, successful $1,177,010. On March 28 he received his first WPT title, the World Poker Problem, incomes $683,473. He was additionally the World Poker Tour’s Participant of the 12 months.
Notable victories embody:
- 2003 Heavenly Maintain’em, $300 restrict maintain’em: $74,150
- 2005 Rio Las Vegas Poker Pageant, $1,500 no restrict maintain’em: $97,470
- 2006 WCOOP Most important occasion, $2,500 no restrict maintain’em: $670,000
On June 30, 2008 Tran received his first bracelet on the 2008 World Sequence of Poker in Occasion 49, $1,500 No Restrict occasion besting a discipline of 2718. Tran took dwelling $631,170 in winnings. In all, Tran cashed in 7 occasions on the 2008 WSOP, good for $896,392 in complete winnings and a Sixth-place end within the 2008 WSOP Participant of the 12 months.
In November 2008, Tran received The PartyPoker.com Premier League III by beating Tony G in heads-up play. Tran took dwelling $300,000 for successful first place on the closing desk.
In June 2009, throughout the 40th Annual World Sequence of Poker, Tran received his second bracelet for successful the $2,500 Pot-limit Omaha occasion.
As of 2010, his complete dwell event winnings quantity to $7,996,635. His 28 cashes because the WSOP account for $1,694,280 of these winnings.
He has made the November 9 closing desk of the 2013 WSOP essential occasion, the place he began as chip chief however completed in fifth place.
Tran used all his poker data and expertise to beat a brief stack and with the key assist of his family and friends, he received the most recent WPT occasion held on the Thunder Valley On line casino Resort on Mar 15–19, 2014.
Because of his second WPT title, he turned solely the 20th participant in historical past to win a number of WPT occasions. Total, he cashed in nearly $11 million whereas taking part in dwell event, in accordance with Hendon Mob Database.
ALL IN Journal 2007 Poker Participant of the 12 months 
World Sequence of Poker Bracelets
|12 months||Match||Prize (US$)|
|2008||$1,500 No Restrict Maintain’em||$631,170|
|2009||$2,500 Pot Restrict Omaha||$235,685|
- “J.C. Tran”. pokerpages.com. Archived from the unique on April 23, 2008. Retrieved April 24, 2008.
- Butt, Robert. “Justin Cuong Van Tran – Outcomes”. The Hendon Mob. Retrieved April 24, 2008.
- “JC Tran”. worldpokertour.com. Archived from the unique on April 6, 2008. Retrieved April 24, 2008.
- Hintze, Haley (October 2, 2008). “WCOOP #18, $2,500 NL Maintain’em: J.C. Tran Captures Title in Most important Occasion”. PokerNews.com. Retrieved April 24, 2008.
- Pojo. “Congratulations to J.C. Tran – Champion of Occasion #49 ($631,170)”. Pokernews.com. Retrieved June 30, 2008.
- 2008 World Sequence of Poker Participant of the 12 months Standings, worldseriesofpoker.com
- Butt, Robert. “Justin Cuong Van Tran – Stats”. The Hendon Mob. Retrieved April 24, 2008.
- World Sequence of Poker Earnings Archived October 30, 2009, on the Wayback Machine, worldseriesofpoker.com
- “j c tran wins wpt rolling thunder – pokerupdate.com”. www.pokerupdate.com. Retrieved April 19, 2018.
- “Justin Cuong Van Tran’s profile on The Hendon Mob”. The Hendon Mob Poker Database. Retrieved April 19, 2018.
- Poker Participant of the 12 months: J.C. Tran[permanent dead link]