American gaming company
Harrah’s Leisure (later named Caesars Leisure Company, beforehand The Promus Corporations) was an American on line casino and resort firm based in Reno, Nevada, and based mostly in Paradise, Nevada, that operated over 50 properties and 7 golf programs beneath a number of manufacturers. In 2013, it was the fourth-largest gaming firm on this planet, with annual revenues of $8.6 billion. It was acquired in 2020 by Eldorado Resorts, which then modified its personal title to Caesars Leisure.
On the finish of its existence, Caesars was a public firm, majority-owned by a gaggle of personal fairness companies led by Apollo World Administration, TPG Capital, and Paulson & Co.; and Carl Icahn. Caesars’s largest working unit filed for Chapter 11 chapter safety in 2015, which led to the muse of Vici Properties because of this.
William F. Harrah period (1937–1978)
The corporate’s background will be traced to October 29, 1937, when Invoice Harrah opened a small bingo parlor in Reno, Nevada, a predecessor to Harrah’s Reno. In 1955, he expanded to Stateline, Nevada, on the south shore of Lake Tahoe, the place he would finally open Harrah’s Lake Tahoe.
Harrah’s Inc. made its preliminary public providing in 1971. In 1972, it was listed on the American Inventory Alternate and in 1973, Harrah’s turned the primary on line casino firm listed on the New York Inventory Alternate.
Invoice Harrah died on the Mayo Clinic Hospital in Rochester, Minnesota, on the age of 66, throughout a cardiac surgical procedure operation to restore an aortic aneurysm.
Beneath Vacation Inn
In February 1980, Vacation Inn acquired Harrah’s, Inc. for $300 million. Liquidation of Harrah’s assortment of virtually 7,000 vintage cars reportedly returned the complete buy value of the corporate to Vacation Inn. Vacation Inn on the time had pursuits in two casinos: the under-construction Vacation Inn Marina On line casino in Atlantic Metropolis, and a 40 % stake within the Vacation On line casino, adjoining to the Vacation Inn resort on the Las Vegas Strip.
In July 1987, Invoice’s On line casino Lake Tahoe opened.Harrah’s Laughlin opened in August 1988.
The Promus Corporations
The corporate that might change into Harrah’s Leisure was shaped in 1990 as The Promus Corporations. To impact the sale of the Vacation Inn resort enterprise to Bass PLC, Promus was created as a company spin-off, holding Harrah’s, Embassy Suites, Homewood Suites, and Hampton Inn; Bass then acquired Vacation Corp., which retained solely the Vacation Inn belongings. The following 12 months, the corporate’s headquarters moved from Reno to Memphis, Tennessee.
In April 1992, the Vacation On line casino was rebranded as Harrah’s Las Vegas.
The late 1980s and early 1990s noticed a speedy enhance in playing markets with the expansion of Indian gaming and legalization of riverboat casinos. In 1993 and 1994, the corporate opened Harrah’s Joliet,Harrah’s Vicksburg,Harrah’s Tunica,Harrah’s Black Hawk,Harrah’s Central Metropolis,Harrah’s Shreveport,Harrah’s North Kansas Metropolis, and Harrah’s Ak-Chin.
Renamed as Harrah’s Leisure
In 1995, Promus determined to spin off its non-gaming resort companies, partially as a result of that they had been undervalued by traders on account of notion of the corporate as a dangerous gaming inventory.Promus Resort Corp. was established, holding Embassy Suites, Hampton Inn, and Homewood Suites, whereas the guardian firm, holding 16 casinos, was renamed as Harrah’s Leisure.
Harrah’s continued its growth over the subsequent ten years, opening Harrah’s Skagit Valley,SkyCity Auckland,Harrah’s St. Louis-Riverport,Harrah’s Cherokee,Harrah’s Prairie Band,Harrah’s New Orleans, and Harrah’s Rincon, and buying the Southern Belle On line casino,Showboat, Inc., the Rio All Suite Resort and On line casino,Gamers Worldwide,Harveys On line casino Resorts,Louisiana Downs,Horseshoe Gaming, and the World Sequence of Poker.
On September 4, 1997, Harrah’s Leisure launched its Complete Gold loyalty program (renamed as Complete Rewards on April 4, 2000 and once more as Caesars Rewards on February 1, 2019), developed at a price of $20 million. It was the primary gaming firm to supply a systemwide comps program, permitting factors earned at one on line casino to be redeemed for items and providers at any of the corporate’s different casinos. The system can be credited as a significant driver of Harrah’s development over the approaching years.
Harvard Enterprise Faculty professor Gary Loveman joined Harrah’s as chief working officer in 1998, and would go on to function chief govt officer from 2003 to 2015.
In 1999, the corporate moved its headquarters from Memphis to Las Vegas.
Buy of Caesars Leisure, Inc.
Harrah’s made its largest single growth in 2005, when it acquired Caesars Leisure, Inc. for $10.Four billion. Negotiations have been spurred on by information of a merger settlement between MGM Mirage and Mandalay Resort Group. The 2 corporations bought a number of properties forward of the merger to assuage antitrust considerations, together with Harrah’s East Chicago and Harrah’s Mardi Gras. The acquisition elevated Harrah’s portfolio to 40 casinos, plus 4 cruise ship casinos. The deal furthered Harrah’s objective of gaining a bigger presence on the Las Vegas Strip, the place Caesars owned 4 casinos, and improved its means to market to excessive rollers.
Harrah’s started to push for a bigger worldwide presence in 2005, asserting three way partnership agreements to construct casinos in Spain, Slovenia, and the Bahamas, and making use of for a license to construct a significant resort in Singapore, although none of those initiatives would come to fruition. Harrah’s additionally acquired London Golf equipment Worldwide in 2006, and the Macau Orient Golf membership in 2007.
From 2005 to 2010, the corporate consolidated management of an extended stretch of the east facet of the Las Vegas Strip, buying the Bourbon Road,Imperial Palace,Barbary Coast, and Planet Hollywood casinos, together with giant tracts of land behind the Strip properties.
In 2005 and 2006, Harrah’s Leisure closed its Lake Charles on line casino on account of harm from Hurricane Rita, bought the Flamingo Laughlin and bought Grand On line casino Gulfport.
Firm goes personal
Loveman in some unspecified time in the future sought recommendation from personal fairness tycoon David Bonderman about the potential of spinning off possession of Harrah’s Leisure actual property as a separate actual property funding belief (REIT), hoping to realize the upper price-to-earnings ratios at which resort corporations traded, in comparison with gaming corporations. In 2006, the discussions advanced towards the thought of a leveraged buyout of Harrah’s by Bonderman’s firm, TPG Capital. One other personal fairness agency, Apollo World Administration, approached Loveman a few buyout and he inspired them to collaborate with TPG. By the top of the 12 months, an settlement was introduced for the 2 corporations to purchase Harrah’s Leisure for $17.1 billion in money plus $10.7 billion in assumed debt. The transaction closed in January 2008, leaving Harrah’s with $25.1 billion in debt.
It was extensively introduced in earlier years that the corporate deliberate to implode properties and construct new ones from scratch, however after the market downturn the corporate conceded that it had little expertise in constructing main resorts. As a substitute it developed Undertaking LINQ in 2009, which known as for retaining and bettering all present buildings whereas including a group of about 20 eating places and bars to be constructed alongside a winding hall between the corporate’s Imperial Palace, O’Sheas and Flamingo casinos, on the east facet of the Las Vegas Strip. It was an try and create the sort of leisure district that had developed organically in cities reminiscent of Los Angeles, Memphis and New Orleans but was missing on the Strip, with its enclosed and casino-centric zones. It offered competitors for the Fremont Road Expertise.
Las Vegas Area
The Anschutz Leisure Group first tried to construct an enviornment in Las Vegas in affiliation with Harrah’s Leisure. In 2007, the three way partnership introduced they’d construct a 20,000 seat stadium behind the Bally’s and Paris casino-hotels.Caesars Leisure, Inc. had beforehand envisioned utilizing the placement to construct a baseball park, however the firm’s buyout by Harrah’s cancelled the plans. By means of the next 12 months, Harrah’s bought unsure on persevering with with the venture, not realizing if AEG would break up the prices and whether or not constructing a significant league-ready stadium with no assured franchise to play on it will be possible given the enduring monetary disaster. The unique plans have been to interrupt floor in June 2008 and end the sector in 2010, however by 2009, it was revealed the stalled venture had not even achieved a site visitors research regardless of being positioned close to a busy intersection. In 2010, the plans have been modified to make use of an space behind the Imperial Palace. Nevertheless, given the financing would require a particular taxation district, opposition from the Clark County Fee concerning utilizing public cash within the venture stalled it even additional. AEG finally backed out fully by 2012, as soon as MGM Resorts Worldwide got here up with their very own venture utilizing a terrain behind the New York-New York and Monte Carlo resorts. This attracted AEG primarily for not counting on public funding.
The acquisition of Planet Hollywood offered Harrah’s Leisure with a contiguous 126-acre (51 ha) property bordering the strip. The vacant tons behind the casinos had been slated for a sports activities enviornment giant sufficient to carry an expert basketball or hockey group. The three casinos can have over 8,000 rooms which will be instantly linked to the sector.
It was introduced in August 2010 that Harrah’s Leisure would run casinos in Cincinnati and Cleveland in Ohio after they opened in 2012.
Renamed as Caesars Leisure Company
On November 23, 2010, plans for an IPO have been canceled, however a deliberate title change from Harrah’s Leisure to Caesars Leisure Company did go ahead and was made official on the identical day. This alteration was supposed to capitalize on the worldwide title recognition of the Caesars model. The Harrah’s model would stay one of many firm’s three major on line casino manufacturers.
On February 8, 2012, an preliminary public providing befell, with the widespread inventory buying and selling on the NASDAQ beneath the image “CZR.”
Caesars Acquisition Firm merger
On December 22, 2014, Caesars introduced its intention to amass Caesars Acquisition Firm. Beneath the phrases of the transaction, shareholders of Caesars Acquisition Firm would obtain 0.664 share of Caesars Leisure widespread inventory for every share of Caesars Acquisition Firm held.
On line casino unit recordsdata for Chapter 11 chapter
The on line casino working unit, Caesars Leisure Working Firm, Inc. and roughly 170 of its subsidiaries filed for Chapter 11 chapter on January 15, 2015. The on line casino unit’s guardian firm, Caesars Leisure Company, didn’t file for chapter safety. The on line casino working group’s traders initiated litigation in opposition to the guardian firm, Caesars Leisure Company’s over the guardian firm’s debt ensures.Vici Properties was based because of this.
On November 2, 2015, Rock Gaming introduced it will start assuming administration of Horseshoe On line casino Cleveland, Horseshoe On line casino Cincinnati and ThistleDown Racino from Caesars Leisure and full the transition by June 2016.
Playtika Firm acquisition and sale
Caesars acquired Playtika in Might 2011 for an quantity between $80 and $90 million. Playtika, a social recreation developer firm, was based in 2010 by Robert Antokol and Uri Shahak and produced Fb social gaming platforms (slotomania.com & caesarsgames.com). In June 2016, a Chinese language consortium, which included Alibaba chief Jack Ma’s Yunfeng Capital, agreed to buy it in a buyout for $4.Four billion.
On November 29, 2017, Caesars introduced it was promoting Harrah’s Las Vegas to Vici Properties whereas Caesars continued to function it. The identical day, they introduced that they have been shopping for Centaur Gaming. As well as, they have been constructing a brand new conference heart in Las Vegas named Caesars Discussion board.
Caesars and Eldorado merger
On March 17, 2019, it was introduced that Caesars Leisure Company and Eldorado Resorts have been exploring a merger of the 2 corporations. On June 23, 2019, Caesars formally accepted Eldorado’s provide, reported to be value nearly $8.6 billion. Caesars managed 53 belongings in comparison with Eldorado’s 26. After completion of the merger, 5 board members would come from Caesars and 6 would come from Eldorado. Shareholders of each corporations accepted of the merger on November 15, 2019, and it was accomplished in July 2020.
Carl Icahn funding, new CEO
On April 16, 2019, Caesars introduced that Affinity Gaming CEO Anthony Rodio would change into the CEO of Caesars inside 30 days, changing Mark Frissora, who introduced his intention to step down in November 2018. Rodio got here really useful by investor Carl Icahn, who owned nearly 100 million shares (a 28.5% stake in Caesars as of June 17, 2019) and had reportedly been pushing Caesars to promote the corporate.
Fines and settlements
In 2015 the US Treasury’s Monetary Crimes Enforcement Community (FinCEN) fined Caesars Leisure’s Las Vegas on line casino $Eight million for failing to correctly police transactions for illicit exercise. A 2012 IRS examination discovered Caesars had didn’t report back to the authorities over 100 incidents involving potential prison exercise. The Nevada Gaming Management Board introduced a associated $1.5 million penalty.
Caesars Leisure was censured by the UK’s Playing Fee in 2015 for lax money-laundering controls in at two of its London casinos. Caesars entered right into a voluntary settlement, agreeing to enhance its anti-money laundering processes and making a fee of £875,000 for use for “socially accountable functions”.
In 2020 the UK Playing Fee fined Caesars Leisure EMEA a document £13m for failures regarding VIP schemes. The failures included permitting a buyer to lose £323,000 in 12 months, regardless of displaying indicators of playing habit. Caesars was additionally discovered responsible of failing to forestall cash laundering, and failing to examine the supply of funds of somebody who guess £3.5m in three months, and a politically uncovered individual (PEP) who misplaced £795,000 in simply over a 12 months. Three senior managers misplaced their licence to run a playing enterprise.
In April 2020, Twin River Worldwide Holdings introduced a take care of Caesars Leisure and Vici Properties to buy Bally’s Atlantic Metropolis in Atlantic Metropolis, New Jersey.
On the time of its acquisition in 2020, Caesars operated the next properties:
- Different Las Vegas Strip
- Different US casinos
- Worldwide casinos
Properties beforehand operated by the corporate included:
- Kosman, Josh (June 17, 2019). “Caesars board at odds with billionaire Carl Icahn over sale value:sources”. New York Submit. Retrieved June 18, 2019.
- “Caesars Leisure”. Fortune. Retrieved January 14, 2019.
- US SEC: Kind 10-Okay Caesars Leisure Company (Report). Securities and Alternate Fee. Retrieved March 27, 2018.
- Schedule 14A: Proxy Assertion (Report). Caesars Leisure. April 14, 2016. p. 76. Retrieved January 30, 2017 – by way of EDGAR.
- “On line casino corporations ranked worldwide by income”. Statista. 2013. Retrieved January 17, 2015.
- “Caesars Leisure’s working unit recordsdata for chapter”. Reuters. January 15, 2015. Retrieved January 15, 2015.
- Chapter 11 Petition (PDF) (Report). PacerMonitor. Retrieved October 22, 2015.
- “About Us”. Archived from the unique on 2010-11-20. Retrieved 2008-01-29.
- “Firm Historical past”. Archived from the unique on 2008-01-25. Retrieved 2008-01-29.
- Seymour Korman (September 12, 1965). “Lake Tahoe: Wealthy in magnificence and playing”. Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 2015-10-22.
- “Traders struck it wealthy in on line casino inventory”. The Instances. San Mateo, CA. AP. October 26, 1972. – by way of Newspapers.com (subscription required)
- “William F. Harrah, 67, Is Lifeless; Was a On line casino Pioneer in Nevada”. The New York Instances. United Press Worldwide. July 2, 1978. p. 18.
- Daniel Heneghan (February 8, 1990). “Inn sale accomplished”. The Press of Atlantic Metropolis – by way of NewsBank.
- “Firm Historical past”. Archived from the unique on 2008-01-25. Retrieved 2008-01-29.
- Hermann, Andrew (Might 5, 1993). “New playing boat units sail out of Joliet”. Chicago Solar-Instances. by way of NewsBank. Retrieved 2012-05-20.(subscription required)
- “Cube rolling in Vicksburg as Harrah’s opens doorways”. The Advocate. Baton Rouge, LA. AP. November 21, 1993 – by way of NewsBank.
- Laurel Campbell (November 30, 1993). “Harrah’s opening performs effectively in Tunica”. The Industrial Attraction. Memphis, TN – by way of NewsBank.
- Janet Day (December 28, 1993). “2 on line casino operators in 2 cities merge”. Denver Submit – by way of NewsBank.
- Marsha Shuler (April 19, 1994). “Shreveport playing boat opens”. The Advocate. Baton Rouge, LA – by way of NewsBank.
- Fred Faust (September 23, 1994). “Opening night time: On line casino close to Kansas Metropolis is prepared for motion”. St. Louis Submit-Dispatch – by way of NewsBank.
- Francie Noyes (December 29, 1994). “Harrah’s glitzy Ak-Chin on line casino wakes sleepy city”. Arizona Day by day Star. Tucson, AZ – by way of NewsBank.
- “Promus plans company break up”. The Kansas Metropolis Star. Bloomberg. January 31, 1995 – by way of NewsBank.
- Laurel Campbell (June 20, 1995). “Twin inventory buying and selling for Promus begins as breakup looms”. The Industrial Attraction. Memphis, TN – by way of NewsBank.
- James Wallace (December 16, 1995). “Harrah’s places its cash on on line casino within the Skagit”. Seattle Submit-Intelligencer – by way of NewsBank.
- “New Zealand has Harrah’s on line casino”. The Industrial Attraction. Memphis, TN. February 2, 1996 – by way of NewsBank.
- Laurel Campbell (March 13, 1997). “Harrah’s opens Missouri on line casino”. The Industrial Attraction. Memphis, TN – by way of NewsBank.
- Bob Williams (November 14, 1997). “Cherokee on line casino opens”. Information & Observer. Raleigh, NC – by way of NewsBank.
- Rick Alm (January 14, 1998). “New on line casino opens in Kansas Prairie Band, close to Topeka, unveiled to ready gamblers”. Kansas Metropolis Star – by way of NewsBank.
- John Pope (October 29, 1999). “On line casino exhibits its hand”. The Instances-Picayune. New Orleans, LA – by way of NewsBank.
- Jeff Simpson (August 15, 2002). “Tribal on line casino has LV type”. Las Vegas Evaluate-Journal – by way of NewsBank.
- Laurel Campbell (December 7, 1995). “Harrah’s to reopen Belle with Mardi Gras theme”. The Industrial Attraction. Memphis, TN – by way of NewsBank.
- Joe Weinert (June 2, 1998). “Harrah’s completes Showboat buy”. The Press of Atlantic Metropolis – by way of NewsBank.
- David Flaum (January 5, 1999). “Harrah’s closes books on Rio deal, positive aspects Vegas resort”. The Industrial Attraction. Memphis, TN – by way of NewsBank.
- Joe Weinert (March 23, 2000). “Completed deal: Harrah’s will get Gamers”. The Press of Atlantic Metropolis – by way of NewsBank.
- Patrick Strawbridge (August 1, 2001). “Harrah’s completes buyout”. Omaha World-Herald – by way of NewsBank.
- “Harrah’s Leisure completes acquisition of Louisiana Downs”. New Orleans CityBusiness. December 30, 2002 – by way of NewsBank.
- Chris Jones (July 1, 2004). “Harrah’s buy clears final hurdle”. Las Vegas Evaluate-Journal – by way of NewsBank.
- Rod Smith (March 12, 2004). “On line casino buy lastly completed”. Las Vegas Evaluate-Journal – by way of NewsBank.
- “On line casino operator overhauls participant membership program”. Las Vegas Solar. April 4, 2000. Retrieved November 27, 2015.
- “Complete Rewards Reportedly Will Rebrand to Caesars Rewards”. VitalVegas. December 19, 2018.
- Thompson, Gary (September 4, 1997). “Harrah’s launches customer-loyalty program”. Las Vegas Solar. Retrieved November 27, 2015.
- Rick Alm (September 9, 1997). “Harrah’s Complete Gold card broadens gamers’ choices”. Kansas Metropolis Star – by way of NewsBank.
- David G. Schwartz (February 9, 2015). “The legacy of Gary Loveman and Caesars Leisure”. Vegas Seven. Archived from the unique on December 8, 2015. Retrieved 2015-11-27.
- Laurel Campbell (March 5, 1998). “Harvard prof to mine Harrah’s revenue”. The Industrial Attraction. Memphis, TN – by way of NewsBank.
- Liz Benston (September 5, 2002). “Satre pronounces he’ll step down as Harrah’s chief govt”. Las Vegas Solar. Retrieved 2015-12-06.
- “Harrahs Leisure Inc · 8-Okay · For 4/21/99 · EX-99.1” (Press launch). Retrieved August 13, 2007.
- Suzette Parmley (June 14, 2005). “The playing world will get a brand new high canine”. Philadelphia Inquirer. Retrieved 2015-11-26.
- Rod Smith (June 14, 2005). “Paperwork element how deal got here to be”. Las Vegas Evaluate-Journal – by way of NewsBank.
- Howard Stutz (June 9, 2005). “Merger step nearer”. Las Vegas Evaluate-Journal – by way of NewsBank.
- Howard Stutz (June 14, 2005). “Gaming goliath springs to life”. Las Vegas Evaluate-Journal – by way of NewsBank.
- Rod Smith (July 15, 2004). “Caesars accepts buyout provide”. Las Vegas Evaluate-Journal – by way of NewsBank.
- Rod Smith (July 14, 2004). “Harrah”s courts Caesars”. Las Vegas Evaluate-Journal – by way of NewsBank.
- Liz Benston (December 5, 2005). “Harrah’s focuses on overseas affairs”. Las Vegas Solar. Retrieved 2015-12-06.
- “Harrah’s controlling stake in London Golf equipment Worldwide”. FinancialWire. November 5, 2006 – by way of NewsBank.
- “Harrah’s invests in Macau, in fact”. Las Vegas Evaluate-Journal. September 13, 2007. Retrieved 2015-12-06.
- Howard Stutz (July 30, 2005). “Bourbon Road on line casino closing”. Las Vegas Evaluate-Journal – by way of NewsBank.
- Ed Vogel (December 23, 2005). “Board approves Harrah’s to run Imperial Palace”. Las Vegas Evaluate-Journal – by way of NewsBank.
- Ed Vogel (February 8, 2007). “Regulators suggest land swap”. Las Vegas Evaluate-Journal – by way of NewsBank.
- “Boyd Gaming closes Barbary Coast property change” (Press launch). Boyd Gaming. February 27, 2007. Retrieved 2015-11-27 – by way of PR Newswire.
- “Harrah’s formally takes over Planet Hollywood”. Las Vegas Solar. February 19, 2010. Retrieved 2015-11-27.
- Jennifer Shubinski (June 22, 2006). “Harrah’s provides extra acreage to its plot”. Las Vegas Solar. Retrieved 2015-11-27.
- “Landowners stand in approach of ‘the gorilla‘“. Las Vegas Solar. December 17, 2006. Retrieved 2015-11-27.
- Cohan, William D. (June 5, 2015). “A non-public fairness gamble in Vegas gone flawed”. Fortune. Retrieved 2015-12-06.
- Staley, Oliver; Cole, Brett (December 19, 2006). “Harrah’s agrees to Apollo, Texas Pacific buyout provide”. Bloomberg Information. Retrieved December 6, 2015.
- Knightly, Arnold M. (January 29, 2008). “Deal closes: Harrah’s now personal”. Las Vegas Evaluate-Journal. Retrieved December 6, 2015.
- Benston, Liz (July 12, 2009). “Harrah’s plans new ‘road’ of bars, eateries close to Strip – Las Vegas Solar Newspaper”. lasvegassun.com.
- “Harrah’s to construct Vegas enviornment to attract NBA, NHL”. ESPN. August 22, 2007.
- Benston, Liz (September 27, 2008). “Harrah’s nonetheless desires enviornment, however how a lot will it pay?”. Las Vegas Solar. Retrieved September 5, 2010.
- “Insiders Tight Lipped on Las Vegas Area”. KLAS-TV. January 20, 2009. Retrieved April 7, 2015.
- “Las Vegas basis drops enviornment effort”. Area Digest. June 12, 2010.
- “MGM & AEG Constructing a 20,000-Seat Area on the Las Vegas Strip”. Related Press. Billboard. June 19, 2013. Retrieved April 7, 2015.
- Stutz, Howard (April 10, 2008). “Harrah’s opts to hail title of Caesars”. Las Vegas Evaluate-Journal.
- Annual Report for the Fiscal 12 months Ended December 31, 2013 (Report). Securities and Alternate Fee. Retrieved July 17, 2015.
- “Caesars Leisure To Purchase Caesars Acquisition”. MarketWatch Pulse. 2015-03-24. Retrieved 2020-03-20.
- “Caesars Leisure, Caesars Acquisition amend merger deal”. Reuters. 2016-07-11. Retrieved 2020-03-20.
- Salzberg, Mark (January 16, 2016). “Will Lenders Roll Snake Eyes? Seventh Circuit Says Caesars Might Be Entitled To Injunction”. The Nationwide Regulation Evaluate. Squire Patton Boggs (US) LLP. Retrieved September 6, 2018.
- Reuters. “Caesars casinos recordsdata for chapter”. Fortune. Retrieved January 15, 2015.
- Morrison, Peter (October 26, 2015). “Caesars’ Rolls Snake Eyes: District Courtroom Refuses To Enjoin Swimsuit Towards Dad or mum”. The Nationwide Regulation Evaluate. Retrieved September 6, 2018.
- Farkas, Karen (November 2, 2015). “Rock Gaming takes over administration of Horseshoe Cleveland On line casino from Caesar’s Leisure”. The Plain Supplier. Retrieved February 26, 2016.
- “Rock Gaming Raises Its Stakes in Ohio and Begins Transition of Operational Tasks of Gaming Properties” (PDF) (Press launch). Rock Gaming, LLC. November 2, 2015. Retrieved February 25, 2016.
- “Playtika Acquired by Caesars Leisure On line casino Group for $80M to $90M”. Adweek. Might 19, 2011.
- Culpan, Tim (August 1, 2016). “Alibaba’s Play Is No Gamble”. Bloomberg Information. Retrieved August 3, 2016.
- Reuters Editorial. “Caesars to promote Harrah’s Las Vegas actual property belongings for $1.14…” Reuters.
- Reuters Editorial. “Caesars Leisure to purchase on line casino operator Centaur for $1.7 billion”. Reuters.
- VenuesNow. “VenuesNow :: Caesars To Open New Vegas Conference Heart”. VenuesToday. Archived from the unique on 2017-12-14. Retrieved 2017-12-13.
- Roumeliotis, Greg (March 17, 2019). “EXCLUSIVE-Eldorado Resorts, Caesars discover merger”. CNBC. Archived from the unique on June 26, 2019. Retrieved March 18, 2019.
- Roumeliotis, Greg (June 23, 2019). “Eldorado Resorts clinches $18 billion money and inventory deal for Caesars: sources”. Reuters. Retrieved June 23, 2019.
- Hidalgo, Jason (June 23, 2019). “Report: Eldorado Resorts merging with Caesars in $18 billion deal”. Reno Gazette-Journal. Retrieved June 23, 2019.
- Chin, Kimberly (June 24, 2019). “Eldorado Resorts to Purchase Caesars in $8.58 Billion On line casino Deal”. The Wall Road Journal. Retrieved June 24, 2019.
- “Eldorado Resorts to purchase Caesars Leisure for about $8.5 billion”. CNBC. June 24, 2019. Retrieved June 25, 2019.
- “Stockholders Approve Eldorado’s Acquisition of Caesars”. www.ktvn.com. Retrieved 16 November 2019.
- Sieroty, Chris (April 14, 2020). “Caesars, Eldorado merger transferring ahead”. Gaming In the present day. Retrieved April 16, 2020.
- Sieroty, Chris (April 15, 2020). “Eldorado Caesars Ent. merger nonetheless hopeful”. Gaming In the present day. Retrieved April 16, 2020.
- “Caesars Leisure Appoints Tony Rodio as Chief Govt Officer” (Press launch). Caesars Leisure Company. Retrieved April 17, 2019.
- Chappell, Carmin (November 1, 2018). “Mark Frissora is out as CEO of Caesars Leisure”. CNBC. Retrieved April 17, 2019.
- Shriber, Todd (June 18, 2019). “As Potential Suitors Circle, Caesars Inventory Stays Hedge Fund Favourite”. On line casino.org. Retrieved June 18, 2019.
- O’Conner, Devin (June 18, 2019). “Caesars Leisure Board Annoyed With Billionaire Carl Icahn Relating to Acquisition Worth”. On line casino.org. Retrieved June 18, 2019.
- “Caesars fined $9.5 million over anti-money laundering failures”. Reuters. Eight September 2015. Retrieved 6 April 2020.
- “Caesars Leisure warned over cash laundering checks at UK casinos”. The Instances. 16 December 2015. Retrieved 6 April 2020.
- “Classes to be realized from cash laundering failures at Caesars casinos”. UK Playing Fee. 15 December 2015. Retrieved 6 April 2020.
- “On line casino firm Caesars Leisure fined document £13m”. The Guardian. 2 April 2020. Retrieved 6 April 2020.
- Shook, Robert L. (2003). Jackpot. Hoboken, N.J.: John Wiley & Sons. ISBN 0-471-26323-0.