Hours, Tables, Location Edit
Open 24/7. 23 poker tables (plus a dozen or so tables of pseudo-blackjack, pai-gow, and so on).
1700 Hillside Blvd, Colma CA 94014. Nestled within the foothills simply south of San Francisco. Not the best place to get to, however not onerous. Not seen from the freeway, although, and the street twists as you get shut, so listen!
Colma is the “cemetery capital of the Bay”. The three industries are cemeteries, Fortunate Possibilities, and large field retail. Fortunate Possibilities is among the largest and nicest card rooms within the Bay Space, and possibly the closest to San Francisco (although the Oaks is fairly darn shut, too).
Video games Edit
Restrict maintain ’em: 3/6, 6/12, 9/18 with a kill (to 15/30). Larger limits now not appear to go, though at one time there was 20/40 and sometimes 40/80.
No-limit/spread-limit maintain ’em: 1/half of SL, $40-$200 buyin. 2/3/5 SL, $200-uncapped buyin, 2/3/5 NL, $200-$1000 buyin, 10-10-20 NL, $2000-uncapped buyin. Max guess at unfold restrict video games is $200 (spreads are subsequently 4-200 and 10-200). The three quantities within the itemizing are the blind quantities (first quantity is paid by the button, second by the small blind, third by the large blind). The massive blind continues to be not in for a full guess, although; anybody who opens should put in a guess of double the large blind quantity, minimal. The two/3/5 NL recreation is new as of December 2007. For the SL video games, normal rake is taken every hand. In each NL video games a time cost of $12 per 40 minutes is collected. The 10-10-20 recreation solely runs Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
Omaha/8: 4/Eight with half kill. 10/20 half-kill runs on Tuesdays. Pot-limit Omaha was listed on the board.
7-Stud: 2/4, and typically 3/6 if demand warrants. Performed with $1 ante and $1 bringin.
Sport Information Edit
Rake for 3/6 and 6/12 is $3+$1 jackpot for 7-9 gamers, $2+$1 for six gamers, $1+$1 for five or fewer gamers, $1 if no flop. For 9/18 it’s $4+$1 jackpot for 7-9 gamers, $2+$1 for six gamers, $1=$1 for five or fewer gamers, $1 if no flop For 1-1-2 SL, $1+$1 jackpot if no flop, $4+$1 jackpot with a flop. For two-3-5 SL, the rake is similar as 1-1-2 (was once $7 each half hour time cost, however someday in 2006 they went to raking quite than time cost for the 2-3-5 recreation). For two-3-5 NL and 10-10-20 NL, $12 time per 40 minute down.
Rake is taken immediately out of the pot after the flop.
Shuffling: Customary ShuffleMaster shuffling machines on many tables.
Within the no-limit recreation, look out for the weird “kill” rule, which can appear weird in case you’re not used to Northern California no-limit guidelines. Any participant (besides the small blind and button) might put up an additonal blind guess ($10 within the 2/3/5 video games, or $40 within the 10/10/20 recreation). In return, the stakes are doubled: $20 to go (2/3/5) or $80 (10/10/20), and that participant, the killer, acts final earlier than the flop. You may be required to attend for the large blind, or kill, to be able to enter the sport or make up the blinds.
Wait Time Edit
There’s virtually at all times an inventory on the board; however with this many tables, wait instances common round 15 minutes or so.
9:30 AM EVERY DAY. All are unfold restrict (the Bay Space model of NLHE). Buyin and rebuys fluctuate however they’re between $50 and $100. See theiir wbsite http://www.luckychances.com/? for extra particulars.
Occasional very massive tournaments (e.g. the $60,000 Double Play Match on Feb 26 2006), and occasional single-table satellites to win entries into bigger tournaments.
Jackpots and different Promotions Edit
Customary dangerous beat jackpots:
- 7-Stud jackpot: any quads or higher overwhelmed. $7400 as of Feb 12 2006. Jackpot is doubled between 12n Thu and 6am Fri.
- Omaha/Eight jackpot: quad 8’s or higher overwhelmed. $11600 as of Feb 12 2006. Jackpot is doubled between 12n Tue at 6am Wed.
- Maintain ’em jackpot: any quads or higher overwhelmed. Each gap playing cards should play for each excessive and low. $75000 as of Feb 12 2006.
Royal Flush Jackpot:
- Win with any royal flush in LHE, NLHE, Omaha, or Stud and win a further $500. Just one gap card must play in LHE and NLHE video games.
Different promotions (all topic to alter on the on line casino’s discretion):
- Aces Cracked Wins A Rack
From 6am-9am day by day, lose with pocket aces in Maintain ‘Em (should showdown), and win a rack of the chips in use on the desk (e.g. $1 chips for 3/6, $2 chips for six/12).
- Fortunate Cash Monday: Comparatively highish arms within the video games (e.g. Jacks full in Maintain ‘Em and Stud, Aces stuffed with Jacks in Omaha) win an entry in Monday evening’s drawing. Drawings held at 7pm, 9pm, 11pm – one winner at every drawing wins $500. Should be current to win.
Giant open room in an upscale standalone constructing. They attempt to convey some fanciness with nicely-dressed workers and environment that make it appear like you are in a resort of some type. They’ve even obtained a present store.
Neighborhood: Actually throughout the road from a big fancy cemetery (then once more, each place in Colma is throughout the road from a cemetery). Distant, however pretty. Up on a hillside. No person walks up right here; no sidewalks.
Parking: An underground parking storage with an higher ground collectively maintain about 100 areas or so. Free valet parking accessible on decrease underground ground. There’s additionally a car parking zone throughout the road.
Tables and Chairs: Customary 9-player tables. Felt is sweet, gentle felt with good padding. Participant chairs are normal metal-frame chairs with good padding; no wheels.
Service and Comps Edit
Meals service is immediate and the menu is massive. The standard appears to usually be good. Eating is allowed on the tables. Costs appear to be barely greater right here than different space card rooms. Servers often carry round free sandwiches for seated gamers.
Dialogue threads and articles Edit
- I Lived in San Francisco love Fortunate Possibilities gained a lot on the 1-2 NLH tables Trace/Tip from the town Take BART practice to Colma they run a van each 15 min or Half hour no diving no fuss
- I visited December 2006 to play 10/20 Omaha/8. An honest recreation; though it almost broke earlier within the day, there was a full desk at 9:30 pm after I obtained there, and the desk was full once more at 12:30 am after I left. The sport was hand-shuffled and had $Four rake + $1 jackpot drop when full. Rake dropped to $Three at 7 gamers. Two tables of 2-3-5 SLHE had been operating the entire time. An acquaintance who performs within the space usually says that the SLHE is standard sufficient that it might nonetheless run even when Fortunate Possibilities is allowed to supply NLHE once more this January.
- MarkT visited in Feb 2006.
- PhilipR visited in Nov 2004.
- SheridanCat visited in June, 2007.
- Performed twice in late 2007. 1/half of and a pair of/3/5 SL are operating 24/7 on the weekends. Waits are brief for 1/half of however barely longer for two/3/5 as there’s typically solely 1-2 tables operating. Motion varies extensively on the 1/half of video games; some are limpfests, others hardly ever make it to a flop w/o a +$100 pot. Many common calling stations in case you’re observant. Service is nice however will get a bit of sluggish after hours. All-in-all an important place to get your ft moist in case you’re new to SL and the jackpot is at all times $50okay+.