Dungeons & Dragons On-line (DDO) is a massively multiplayer on-line role-playing sport (MMORPG) developed by Turbine for Microsoft Home windows and OS X. The sport was initially marketed as Dungeons & Dragons On-line: Stormreach, then renamed Dungeons & Dragons On-line: Eberron Limitless upon switching to a hybrid free to play mannequin, and was lastly rebranded Dungeons & Dragons On-line, with the introduction of Forgotten Realms-related content material. Turbine developed DDO as a web-based adaptation of Dungeons & Dragons (D&D), initially primarily based loosely on the D&D 3.5 rule set. The sport is about on the unexplored continent of Xen’drik throughout the Eberron marketing campaign setting, and within the Kingdom of Cormyr throughout the Forgotten Realms marketing campaign setting.
Centered within the metropolis of Stormreach, DDO is about on the fictional continent of Xen’drik, on this planet of Eberron, a setting from the Dungeons & Dragons tabletop role-playing sport. Xen’drik is a vastly unexplored locale, as soon as the middle of the Superior Big Civilization, destroyed 1000’s of years earlier than. Stormreach is a giant-scaled metropolis, just lately settled by people. Areas in Stormreach are the Harbor, the Market, and 5 Dragonmarked Homes: Cannith, Deneith, Jorasco, Kundarak and Phiarlan. Adventures and quests can be found past town partitions, throughout the continent.
Gamers create their characters following the revised version of D&D 3.5 rule-set trend, for play in each indoor and outside environments. The sport has some variations from the D&D 3.5 rule set, a few of that are resulting from variations within the dynamics of online game fight versus tabletop gaming. For instance, Turbine wished DDO to make use of a real-time fight engine, whereas tabletop D&D makes use of a turn-based system. This meant appreciable modifications within the dealing with of fight and character abilities; variations embody elevated hit prospects in a spherical, elevated spell casting assets over relaxation durations, and the usage of a spell level system as a substitute of spell slots. Different variations, not mandated by the variations by real-time versus turn-based programs embody: magical objects are at a decrease value (averaging 1/Eight of the tabletop D&D costs), characters have increased stats, and offensive results created by characters don’t hurt their allies.
After making a participant character (PC), a participant begins shipwrecked on the shores of Korthos Island. The character is helped by a band of residents (Jeets, Cellimas, and Talbron) who wish to finish the rule of the Sahuagin on Korthos Island. The White dragon Aussircaex is being managed by a Mindflayer Creature via the usage of a Mindsunder Artifact, and is plaguing the tropical island with snowy climate. As soon as the PC destroys the Mindsunder Artifact, Aussircaex destroys the Mindflayer and frees Korthos Island, ending Sahuagin rule (and restoring the true local weather). After attaining success in Korthos Island, the participant is shipped to Stormreach.
From that time on, occasions within the sport revolve round Stormreach. The participant has to avoid wasting town from many threats, together with:
- Giants try to regain mastery over town of Stormreach and the continent of Xen’drik.
- The reopening of the gate to Xoriat.
- The Black Abbot and his minions of Khyber (Eberron) and different undead try to achieve energy over Xen’drik.
- Devils from Shavarath try to invade and conquer Eberron.
- Pirates try to achieve a foothold in Home Deneith earlier than conquering Stormreach.
- Droaam (a military of Medusas, orcs, kobolds, and gnolls) try to play warfare video games with the lords of Stormreach.
- Quori, from the Aircraft of Nightmares, invades peoples’ minds and makes use of them as hosts on the fabric aircraft.
- The Lord of Blades takes over a Quori creation forge underneath Stormreach and tries to wipe out all dwelling races.
- The Grasp Artificer Toven tries to destroy the souls of all warforged in Xen’drik.
DDO is an motion role-playing sport with real-time fight. The digicam follows behind the participant and will be adjusted to view environment, or will be modified to a first-person perspective. The sport will be managed both by keyboard or gamepad, with the power to remap actions to swimsuit the participant. Objects and motion skills could also be positioned and activated inside a toolbar on display. Characters transfer in 3D by way of directional keys and should dodge lengthy vary assaults. A celebration system emphasizes a number of gamers forming teams, by accessing by the grouping panel. Gamers work together by way of display chat home windows, or by voice chat amongst celebration members.
Progress is outlined by finishing quests and leveling up. After creating a personality, gamers are required to undergo a tutorial, after which obtain quests from non-player characters. After accumulating sufficient expertise factors via quests, the character positive factors a stage, which grants entry to feats, spells, and abilities. The sport initially restricted characters to a most stage of 10, however has since elevated the restrict to 30. Every module has added quests and areas. Not like most different RPGs, expertise factors should not gained by killing monsters, however slightly by finishing quests. One other distinction is that characters don’t routinely heal from injury, however as a substitute should go to particular areas to take action.
Quests in DDO are organized by character stage, issue, size, and patron. Every quest has a base stage, with the XP reward lessened if any of the celebration members are above that stage. Characters greater than two ranges beneath the “base stage” should not allowed to provoke a quest, however they’re able to be a part of a quest began by one other celebration member. Characters greater than three ranges beneath the very best stage character are penalized for being “powerleveled”, and get considerably much less XP.
Most quests have an merchandise or financial reward when accomplished, and the character should discuss to the hunt giver to obtain the reward. Some dungeons require a number of visits to the hunt giver to finish your complete quest chain. Chatting with the hunt giver permits gamers to repeat the hunt, though every time via reduces the quantity of XP and loot awarded. As soon as sufficient quests are accomplished, the character will entice the eye of patrons, who give particular rewards, resembling long-lasting spells or unique objects, and in some circumstances, unlocking particular races or courses (which can be bought via the DDO Retailer).
Quests are narrated by a Dungeon Grasp, with some voiceover work accomplished by D&D co-creators Gary Gygax and Dave Arneson. Gygax narrated the “Delera’s Tomb” quest chain, and a particular shrine space of the graveyard was added in his reminiscence. A mid-level quest chain options Arneson. In March 2014, Ed Greenwood, the creator of Forgotten Realms, turned the narrator for DDO’s model of his Forgotten Realms module Haunted Halls of Eveningstar.
The six issue ranges for quests are: solo, informal, regular, arduous, elite, and epic. Epic quests are additional divided into epic regular, epic arduous and Epic Elite. Solo and epic are solely out there on a small variety of quests; solo quests have to be accomplished alone, and are uncommon exterior tutorials, whereas epic quests are provided as soon as stage 20 is reached. All issue ranges give an XP bonus the primary time the hunt is run on the given stage, however elite provides a a lot increased bonus. Greater issue ranges present a way more difficult expertise to the gamers, with monsters making use of extra highly effective spells and traps. The standard of the loot (objects, gear, and so on.) will increase relying on issue stage.
Informal stage presents decreased XP and loot, with some highly effective objects not showing in informal in any respect. Informal is often utilized by newer gamers to be taught the sport, or by higher-level characters to rapidly obtain conditions for raids or to farm supplies utilized in crafting.
Added with replace 19, sagas present additional expertise or merchandise bonuses only for finishing the required quests. There are 6 sagas, with totally different bonuses relying on what issue setting they’re tried on. Sagas present an incentive for finishing total questlines.
Added with Replace 15, the Monster Handbook supplies bonuses for killing a sure variety of monsters in addition to new kinds of monsters. Character deeds give bonuses of expertise relying on the variety of monsters killed of a sure kind, whereas account deeds present bonuses of Astral Shards to be used within the Shard Alternate, or Jewels of Fortune which improve the extent of loot you get from quest chests. As soon as all account deeds have been achieved for a sure kind of creature, gamers are allowed to see the entire variety of Hit Factors that kind of creature has. The Monster Handbook is unique to VIP members, or will be purchased from the DDO retailer.
DDO is an instanced sport, the place every celebration receives a personal “copy” of a dungeon for their very own use. Advertising and marketing, socializing, and quest choice are accomplished in neighborhood areas. The sport is accessible in English. The French and German localized variations have been discontinued.
On September 9, 2009, DDO turned free to play, with a micro-transaction retailer; gamers can achieve VIP standing by paying a subscription payment, which garners them extra rewards each month. A free participant’s first micro-transaction converts them to a “Premium participant” with extra perks (although lower than these of a “VIP”).
There are eight DDO sport servers, named after geographic features or organizations of Eberron. After buying the sport in December 2016, Standing Stone Video games deploys the sport and maintains day by day operations of all servers. The servers was once geographically distributed, with 14 in North America, 5 in Europe, with others in China and Japan. There have been no servers for the Southern Hemisphere market. The sport distributed in Australia by Atari was the US model. The servers in North America had been operated by Turbine, whereas these in Europe had been maintained by Codemasters and Alchemic Dream. In China, the sport was operated by Shanda, and in Japan by Sakura Web. When the European servers went offline in 2010, gamers had been capable of switch their characters to the American servers.
Races and courses
PC races embody: Drow, Dwarves, Gnomes,Half-Elves, Half-orcs, Halflings, Elves, People, Dragonborn, and Warforged. The Drow have to be unlocked in sport by way of incomes favor by questing, or bought. Aasimar, Dragonborn, Gnome, Half-elf, Half-orc, and Warforged races can be found for subscribers, or will be bought.
The Shadowfell Conspiracy enlargement launched Four variant races referred to as Iconic Heroes: Bladeforged, Purple Dragon Knight, Shadar-kai, and Solar Elf. Deep Gnome and Aasimar Scourge had been added later. These races have to be bought. They require the participant to start out their first stage as a sure class. If the PC decides to comply with the trail the Iconic Hero is designed for, all 15 ranges will probably be taken on this class. After stage 1, nevertheless, gamers are free to take any class they want.
There are 14 playable courses open to all races. The courses are divided between martial and magical. The martial courses embody Barbarian, Fighter, Monk, Paladin, Ranger and Rogue. The magical courses embody Alchemist, Artificer, Bard, Cleric, Druid, Favored Soul, Sorcerer, Warlock and Wizard. Gamers select an preliminary class, however would not have to stay in that class. The Favored Souls and Artificers courses should both be unlocked or bought, whereas Monks, Warlocks and Druids are premium courses requiring both an energetic subscription or buy within the on-line retailer.
Multiclassing: A personality can take ranges in as much as Three totally different courses. There aren’t any expertise penalties for multiclass characters. Aside from alignment, there aren’t any restrictions on multi-class mixtures.
On the character creation display, the participant is allowed to decide on a path or to customise their stats. Selecting a path routinely provides the character feats after they achieve a stage. “Veteran Standing” (bought or unlocked by way of gameplay) permits a participant to start out a personality at stage Four or stage 7 as a substitute of stage 1. Iconic Heroes can begin at stage 15.
Feat, ability, and enhancement system
Progressive programs are in place in DDO offering extra selection between characters. Feats are particular skills that grant a personality extra actions or skills. Abilities will be elevated to offer increased bonuses or fulfill conditions. Enhancements will be chosen to reinforce feats and class-based skills.
Feats are divided into common and sophistication feats. Common feats can be found to any class, however class feats can solely be chosen by particular courses. Each class is granted at the least one feat throughout character creation, in addition to one each third stage.
Abilities, resembling one’s skill to leap or discover secret doorways, are elevated each time a brand new stage is gained. Every ability has a governing attribute, which can apply a bonus or penalty. Some abilities are restricted to success or failure, whereas others give incremental bonuses with every ability level. A personality’s abilities are primarily based on class, with cross-class abilities costing twice as a lot to extend. The variety of ability factors one can distribute is proscribed by class and the Intelligence attribute.
Enhancements, a mechanic which doesn’t exist within the tabletop model, additional customise characters. Ranges have 5 tiers, and every tier reached grants one “motion level”, for a complete of 4 factors per stage. These can be utilized in enhancement timber to supply bonuses to abilities or particular skills. Every class has a sure variety of enhancement timber to additional improve the PC, and each PC will get one race tree offering racial bonuses. A participant is given a complete of 80 enhancement factors via stage 20.
Epic ranges and Destinies had been added with Replace 14. They permit a participant to additional specialize their character after stage 20.
Epic destinies earn equal however separate XP from Epic Ranges. Upon finishing a tier in a selected future, an motion level is given that may solely be spent in that epic future. A participant can earn a complete of 24 motion factors in a tree, with just one future energetic at one time. A participant might select to change to an adjoining future on the epic future map as soon as a sure variety of ranges have been achieved, or by buying a particular merchandise from the DDO. A participant is given Three whole Twists of Destiny that permit the participant select Three abilities from the primary Three tiers of Epic Future timber to make use of even when that Epic Future is not energetic, offering bonuses from different timber that gamers would in any other case not get.
Reincarnation is a sport mechanic permitting PCs to both respec their present character (choose totally different feats or abilities) or to sacrifice expertise and begin the character anew on a decrease stage (new life), in return for an additional skill (a bonus past-life feat). Gamers have entry to a number of kinds of reincarnation: lesser, true (heroic or iconic), and epic.
Lesser reincarnation permits gamers to alter the looks of their character, re-spend their skill factors, change their feats, reallocate ability factors, redo their spell choice, or choose a brand new path. They don’t lose any expertise or ranges via lesser reincarnation. After re-leveling, the participant can re-allocate earned enhancement factors. Lesser Reincarnation additionally will increase the beginning construct factors from 28 to 32 for non-Drow characters.
True reincarnation is simply out there to stage 20 characters for normal races or stage 30 for iconic races. It utterly erases the character because it was. A particular reincarnation financial institution cache is created to carry something from the PC’s backpack or gear, to be retrieved each time the participant needs. This reincarnation upgrades the character’s construct from the earlier construct level (e.g. from 28 or 32 to 34, and 34 to 36), permitting increased beginning skill factors. The participant is free to pick out a brand new race, look and sophistication for the character. In the end, this permits the participant to make a wholly new, stronger character.
Epic reincarnation is simply out there to characters on the stage cap. Characters lose their epic expertise and begin once more at stage 20, receiving an epic previous life feat.
Dungeons & Dragons On-line: Stormreach was developed by Turbine over two years. The preliminary prototype and idea had been accomplished by Jason Sales space, Dan Ogles, Cardell Kerr, Ken Troop, and Michael Sheidow, in coordination with Wizards of the Coast, the writer of Dungeons & Dragons. Gary Gygax supplied some narration earlier than his demise.
On August 1, 2005, Turbine despatched invites to individuals fascinated by collaborating within the public alpha take a look at. On November 1, 2005, Turbine introduced that the general public beta take a look at was open.
On November 22, 2005, Turbine introduced that every copy of the January 2006 subject of PC Gamer journal would include a key to achieve entry to the beta. Turbine, in affiliation with Fileplanet and IGN, accomplished three public stress assessments of the sport, with the final ending on February 12, 2006.
After testing was full, a particular head begin occasion started on February 24 for individuals who pre-ordered, with the sport opening to the general public on February 28. As of April 2008, there have been lower than 100,000 subscribers for the sport. In June 2009, DDO reopened beta testing, in preparation for his or her new free-to-play subscription construction.
The free-to-play enterprise mannequin was launched with the Eberron Limitless improve in the summertime of 2009. After the sport went free-to-play, the corporate stated subscriptions elevated 40 p.c by October 13, 2009.Engadget famous professionals and cons from a participant’s perspective with the change.
A beta of the OS X model was launched on December 17, 2012.
Put up-release modules
This part wants enlargement. You’ll be able to assist by including to it. (August 2015)
Turbine initially launched main content material updates as modules, in line with the module idea in D&D. Extra content material was launched between modules as updates. Responding to participant suggestions that the interim updates didn’t present sufficient new content material, the event group stopped releasing them, starting with Module 5, as a substitute specializing in creating bigger modules. Previous to the launch of DDO: Eberron Limitless, there was a 10-month content material hole.
On June 9, 2009, the official D&D On-line web site introduced that Dungeons & Dragons On-line would convert to a subscriptionless “free to play” sport for gamers in North America, underneath the brand new identify Dungeons & Dragons On-line: Eberron Limitless. The extent cap could be elevated to stage 20 and free customers would have entry to the vast majority of sport content material; some options must be bought with DDO factors or unlocked via play. There could be VIP entry with extra options out there, in addition to free DDO factors. Closed beta registration opened on June 9, 2009. The sport and contents had been free to obtain on September 1 for VIP members and September 9 for the overall North American public.
On December 19, 2016, it was introduced that Turbine would not develop the sport, slightly a brand new studio was shaped underneath the identify Standing Stone Video games, the workers of whom could be ex-Turbine. The publishing of the sport would switch from Warner Bros. Interactive Leisure to Dawn Recreation Firm. Whereas a purpose was not given for the transition, it was assured that the sport would proceed with new improvement.
In October 2018, the sport acquired its 40th replace in its historical past.
- Turbine introduced its first Menace of the Underdark enlargement module on the PAX East conference in April 2012, earlier than releasing it in June. The enlargement elevated the utmost character stage and added the druid class.
- The Shadowfell Conspiracy was introduced in February 2013, and launched in August. It elevated the utmost character stage to 28, added Four new races (iconic heroes) and new journey pack situated in Cormyr.
- With the Mists of Ravenloft, launched in December 2017, gamers enterprise to the lands of Barovia and in the end battle Strahd von Zarovich. Extra options embody the Aasimar race in two flavors, Vistani knife fighter, or Sentient weapons.
- The Masterminds of Sharn, introduced in the course of the 2018 Gen Con and launched in Might 2019, sends gamers to Sharn, the Metropolis of Towers. It launched two variants of the Tiefling race and a brand new preventing type: twin wielding crossbows.
- Within the Fables of the Feywild, introduced in early 2020 and launched in November 2020 gamers journey into the magical aircraft of the Feywild. Aside from new adventures among the many fey, the replace additionally introduces two variants of the Shifter race, unicorn mounts, and a common enhancement tree: the Feydark Illusionist.
Awards and reception
- Freebie Award: Greatest Free-to-play-MMORPG (2009) – RPGLand.com RPGs of the Yr 2009
- Greatest Free to Play MMO (2009) – MMORPG.com 2009 Awards
- Greatest Free to Play Recreation (2009) – Tentonhammer.com Better of 2009 Awards
- Greatest Multiplayer Recreation – 2006 British Academy Video Video games Awards
- Most Anticipated Recreation – 2005 MMORPG.COM Reader’s Alternative Awards
- Greatest Persistent World Recreation – IGN.com Better of 2006 Awards
- Nominee – Massively Multiplayer Recreation of the Yr – 10th Annual Interactive Achievement Awards
- Third Prize, Greatest Graphics (Les JOL d’Or 2006)
- Third Prize – Public’s Award (Les JOL d’Or 2006)
IGN ranked Dungeons & Dragons On-line No. 11 on their listing of “The High 11 Dungeons & Dragons Video games of All Time” in 2014. The journal described because the “first MMORPG to show that free-to-play cost plans had been viable alternate options to the then-dominant subscription mannequin.” Robert Maintain of the NPR gave it a optimistic assessment, though he stated a few of the exposition appeared apparent.
Turbine vs Atari
On August 24, 2009, Turbine, Inc. filed lawsuit in opposition to Atari claiming a breach of a licensing settlement for Dungeons & Dragons. The swimsuit alleged six counts over six years, together with constant breaches of contract, a scarcity of promotion and distribution, and trying to achieve extra cash from Turbine’s licensing of the D&D properties. Moreover, Turbine claimed that most of the maneuvers by Atari had been designed to both undercut the upcoming launch of Dungeons & Dragons: Eberron Limitless or assist Atari launch its personal competing MMO. Atari filed a movement to dismiss the lawsuit, and likewise filed a separate grievance to get better cash owed to Atari ensuing from an impartial third celebration audit of Turbine. The case was settled out of court docket in 2011.
Treehouse patent lawsuit
Ontario-based net providers firm Treehouse Avatar Applied sciences Inc. filed a patent infringement lawsuit in opposition to Turbine, Inc., which claimed Dungeons & Dragons On-line had violated United States Patent No. 8,180,858 (Technique And System For Presenting Knowledge Over A Community Primarily based On Community Person Selections And Amassing Actual-Time Knowledge Associated To Stated Selections), which was awarded on Might 15, 2012 to Treehouse’s father or mother firm WiLAN. Turbine settled the lawsuit by licensing WiLAN’s know-how.
- “Journey Packs | Dungeons and Dragons On-line”. August 18, 2017. Archived from the unique on August 18, 2017.
- Grayson, Laurence (June 1, 2006). “DDO: Stormreach”. Australian PC World. Archived from the unique on June 11, 2014. Retrieved October 23, 2012. – by way of HighBeam Analysis (subscription required)
- Bray, Hiawatha (June 8, 2005). “Race to Construct Stormreach Westwood Agency Poised to Start a Push to Lead Its On-line Gaming Area of interest”. Boston Globe. Archived from the unique on June 11, 2014. Retrieved October 23, 2012. – by way of HighBeam Analysis (subscription required)
- “Medieval Fantasy in Our on-line world”. Washington Put up. January 26, 2007. Archived from the unique on June 11, 2014. Retrieved October 23, 2012. – by way of HighBeam Analysis (subscription required)
- “Dungeons & Dragons Creators to Lend Voice to Stormreach“. Wi-fi Information. January 20, 2006. Archived from the unique on June 11, 2014. Retrieved October 23, 2012. – by way of HighBeam Analysis (subscription required)
- “Dungeons & Dragons On-line: Interview with Ed Greenwood”. YouTube.
- “Replace 20 Launch Notes”. Dungeons and Dragons On-line.
- “DDO Replace 19: Shadowfell Conspiracy Launch Notes”. Dungeons and Dragons On-line.
- “Monster Handbook Identified Points”. www.ddo.com.
- “Wichtiger Hinweis zur Lokalisierung”. www.ddo.com.
- “Archived copy”. Archived from the unique on Might 22, 2014. Retrieved Might 22, 2014.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (hyperlink)
- Chalk, Andy (December 21, 2016). “Turbine strikes MMOs to new studio, Asheron’s Name is closing down”. PCGamer. Retrieved December 5, 2018.
- “Servers”. StandingStoneGames. Retrieved December 5, 2018.
- “Replace 30 Launch Notes”. Dungeons & Dragons On-line. Turbine. February 29, 2016. Retrieved Might 11, 2016.
- “Races”. Dungeons & Dragons On-line. Turbine. Retrieved Might 11, 2016.
- “U18: Iconics Developer Diary”. Dungeons & Dragons On-line. Turbine. Retrieved Might 11, 2016.
- “Lessons”. Dungeons & Dragons On-line. Turbine. Retrieved Might 11, 2016.
- “Veteran Standing”. DDO Wiki. Retrieved Might 11, 2016.
- “MyDDO: Does the New Enhancement System actually Improve DDO?”. Mops Says No Mas. Archived from the unique on March 21, 2014.
- “DDO Menace of the Underdark Epic Destinies Preview – Ten Ton Hammer”. tentonhammer.com.
- “Basic Reincarnation Information”. Dungeons and Dragons On-line.
- Extra, Max; Vita-Extra, Natasha, eds. (2013). The Transhumanist Reader: Classical and Up to date Essays on the Science, Know-how, and Philosophy of the Human Future. John Wiley & Sons. p. 123. ISBN 978-1-118-55599-6.
- “Dwelling | Dungeons & Dragons On-line”. DDO.com. Retrieved June 24, 2009.
- Holt, Robert; Block, Melissa (February 28, 2006). “Dungeons and Dragons Makes On-line Debut”. All Issues Thought-about. NPR. Archived from the unique on June 11, 2014. Retrieved October 23, 2012. – by way of HighBeam Analysis (subscription required)
- Svensson, Peter (April 13, 2008). “A Recreation’s New Function”. Telegraph Herald. Dubuque. Archived from the unique on June 11, 2014. Retrieved October 26, 2012. – by way of HighBeam Analysis (subscription required)
- Sposito, Sean (June 10, 2009). “Turbine presents new lure: free D&D play”. Boston Globe. Archived from the unique on June 11, 2014. Retrieved October 30, 2012. – by way of HighBeam Analysis (subscription required)
- Fahey, Mike (June 9, 2009). “Dungeons And Dragons On-line Goes Free”. Kotaku. Retrieved December 5, 2018.
- Kuchera, Ben (October 13, 2009). “Dungeons and Dragons On-line: behold the ability of free”. Ars Technica.
- “The professionals and cons of free to play Dungeons and Dragons On-line”. Engadget. Retrieved December 5, 2018.
- Olivetti, Justin (December 17, 2012). “Dungeons and Dragons On-line releases Mac consumer data”. Engadget. Verizon Media. Archived from the unique on December 21, 2019. Retrieved December 21, 2019.
- “Warcry.com Article”. Massively.com. July 31, 2009. Archived from the unique on February 2, 2014. Retrieved August 3, 2009.
- Bree Royce (December 19, 2016). “Turbine Spins LOTRO and DDO Groups Out to New Studio, Utilizing Dawn as Writer”. Massively Overpowered. Retrieved December 20, 2016.
- Chalk, Andy (October 3, 2018). “Dungeons & Dragons On-line will get its 40th replace, gamers get a free Ranger’s Cloak”. PCGamer. Retrieved December 5, 2018.
- Bray, Hiawatha (April 6, 2012). “PAX East lets metropolis present it might play the sport”. Boston Globe. Archived from the unique on March 4, 2016. Retrieved October 30, 2012. – by way of HighBeam Analysis (subscription required)
- VanOrd, Kevin (June 28, 2012). “Demons and Drow: Menace of the Underdark Arrives”. GameSpot. Retrieved October 18, 2012.
- Kohan, Topher (January 20, 2012). “Grasp Person Week”. St. Joseph Information-Press. Retrieved October 26, 2012.
- “DDO.com Boards”. ddo.com. February 26, 2012. Retrieved November 2, 2017.
- Fort, Suzie (October 17, 2017). “Mists of Ravenloft PreOrders Start, Packages in Three Flavors”. mmoRPG. Retrieved November 2, 2017.
- “Dungeons & Dragons On-line’s ‘Masterminds of Sharn’ Growth Launches”. MMOHuts. Might 14, 2019. Retrieved Might 16, 2019.
- Olivetti, Justin (August 4, 2018). “Dungeons and Dragons On-line broadcasts Sharn: Metropolis of Towers enlargement and Tiefling race”. Massively Overpowered. Retrieved August 15, 2018.
- Olivetti, Justin (January 22, 2020). “Dungeons and Dragons On-line’s 2020 roadmap consists of Shifter race and Feywild enlargement”. Massively Overpowered. Retrieved January 23, 2020.
- Weber, Steven (November 5, 2020). “Dungeons and Dragons On-line – Fables of the Feywild Content material is Accessible NOW”. MMORPG.com. Retrieved November 7, 2020.
- “Dungeons & Dragons On-line: Stormreach for PC”. GameRankings. CBS Interactive. Retrieved August 22, 2013.
- “Dungeons & Dragons On-line: Stormreach for PC Evaluations”. Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Retrieved August 22, 2013.
- “Dungeons and Dragons On-line”. Eurogamer. Retrieved August 22, 2013.
- “Dungeons and Dragons On-line: Stormreach – PC”. GameSpot. Retrieved August 22, 2013.
- “Dungeons and Dragons On-line: Stormreach for PC”. GamesRadar. Retrieved August 22, 2013.
- “Dungeons and Dragons On-line: Stormreach for PC”. GameTrailers. Retrieved August 22, 2013.
- “Dungeons and Dragons On-line: Stormreach – PC”. IGN. Retrieved August 22, 2013.
- “RPGLand.com RPGs of the Yr 2009”. RPGLand.com. Retrieved January 17, 2010.
- “MMORPG Greatest F2P MMO of 2009”. MMORPG.com. Retrieved January 6, 2010.
- “Ten Ton Hammer Better of 2009 Awards”. Tentonhammer.com. Archived from the unique on December 22, 2009. Retrieved December 25, 2009.
- “British Academy Video Video games Awards (Newest Winners and Nominees)”. British Academy of Movie and Tv Arts. October 5, 2006. Archived from the unique on April 3, 2007. Retrieved February 24, 2007.
- “2005 Reader’s Alternative Award Winners”. MMORPG.com. Retrieved February 24, 2007.
- “Better of 2006: PC (Greatest Persistent World Recreation”. IGN. Archived from the unique on February 24, 2007. Retrieved February 24, 2007.
- “10th Annual Interactive Achievement Awards”. The Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences. Archived from the unique on February 8, 2007. Retrieved March 1, 2007.
- “Les JOL d’Or 2006”. JeuxOnline. Retrieved March 5, 2007.
- Johnson, Leif (February 5, 2014). “THE TOP 11 DUNGEONS & DRAGONS GAMES OF ALL-TIME”. IGN. Retrieved December 5, 2018.
- Holt, Robert (February 28, 2006). “Dungeons & Dragons Makes On-line Debut”. NPR. Retrieved December 5, 2018.
- “Atari’s Dungeons and Dragon’s Lawsuit [Update]”. IGN.
- “Atari Dismisses Turbine Lawsuit as “Frivolous““. The Escapist. September 3, 2009.
- “The Convoluted Story of Atari, DDO, and Neverwinter”. Purple Pawn. Retrieved March 25, 2014.
- “Treehouse Sues Turbine over Patent Issued in 2012”. gamepolitics.com. Archived from the unique on October 14, 2012. Retrieved February 2, 2019.
- “Patent US8180858 – Technique and system for presenting information over a community primarily based on community consumer … – Google Patents”. google.com.
- James Fudge (November 25, 2013). “Turbine Settles Lawsuit with Treehouse Avatar Applied sciences”. GamePolitics.com. Archived from the unique on September 28, 2015. Retrieved February 2, 2019.
- “Wi-Lan advances as unit ends patent dispute with Turbine”. Proactiveinvestors NA.
- “Turbine settles Treehouse Avatar Applied sciences lawsuit by way of partnership”. Massively. Archived from the unique on January 23, 2015. Retrieved January 23, 2015.