On-line math video games portal
Cool Math Video games (branded as Coolmath Video games)[note 1] is a web-based internet portal that hosts HTML and Flash internet browser video games focused at kids and younger adults. Cool Math Video games is operated by Coolmath LLC and first went on-line in 1997 with the slogan “The place logic & considering meets enjoyable & video games.”. The location maintains a coverage that it’ll solely host video games that the operators imagine are non-violent and academic and is partnered with coolmath.com and coolmath4kids.com.
In November 2019, Fashionable Mechanics listed Cool Math Video games as one in all its “50 most vital web sites” for the reason that web was created.
Rumors started spreading in summer season 2019 that Cool Math Video games was to close down in 2020 because of the discontinuation of Adobe Flash Participant. In gentle of those rumors a petition on petition web site Change.org to cease it from shutting was created and reached over 100,000 signatures. Nonetheless, Cool Math Video games confirmed that it might not be shutting down and was specializing in getting new HTML5 video games and changing outdated Flash video games to HTML5.
Impression of the COVID-19 pandemic
In the course of the COVID-19 pandemic, Cool Math Video games’ reputation has drastically elevated, being performed by college students while in lockdown and self-isolating. Cool Math Video games’ Alexa rating went up drastically.
Coolmath Video games has obtained usually optimistic reception. The Every day Dot referred to as the web site’s library of content material “spectacular” in a run-down of one of the best video games on the positioning.
- “Coolmathgames.com WHOIS lookup”. who.is. Retrieved 2020-09-05.
- “About Us”. Coolmath Video games. Retrieved 2019-09-13.
- “Freudenthal Instituut”. Universiteit Utrecht (in Dutch). 2014-07-09. Retrieved 2019-09-13.
- Harbison, Cammy (2019-06-03). “No, Cool Math Video games Is not Shutting Down: Firm Confirms Adobe Flash 2020 Shutdown Will not Kill The Website”. Newsweek. Retrieved 2019-09-13.
- Haasch, Palmer (2019-06-05). “Regardless of rumors, Cool Math Video games just isn’t shutting down in 2020”. Polygon. Retrieved 2019-10-06.
- Editor (1 November 2019). “The Websites That Imply the Most to Us”. Fashionable Mechanics. Retrieved 22 November 2019.CS1 maint: additional textual content: authors checklist (hyperlink)
- Jenkins, Abby (June 6, 2020). “Cool Math Video games’ shut down is a hoax”. Arrow. Retrieved 2019-10-06.
- Smith, Callum (2019-06-05). “Is Cool Math Video games shutting down in 2020? Every little thing it’s essential to know”. HITC. Retrieved 2019-10-06.
- “College Assist March: Enriching Our Kids’s Minds Amidst Social Distancing”. Port Washington Information. 2020-03-21. Retrieved 2020-09-05.
- Jackson, Wilton. “Digital Senior Night time: Celebrating spring sports activities athletes in Rankin County”. The Clarion-Ledger. Retrieved 2020-09-05.
- “coolmathgames.com Aggressive Evaluation, Advertising and marketing Combine and Site visitors”. Alexa Web. Retrieved 2020-09-05.
- Maria, Anna (June 10, 2020). “The 5 greatest Cool Math Video games for youths to play in 2020”. The Every day Dot. Retrieved July 6, 2020.
- The identify spelling is usually alternated between, although that is the identify used on firm paperwork.